This data protection policy relates to Personal Data collected and the circumstances under which it may be used or disclosed by Adam Khoo Learning Centre (AKLC) or any other corporation related to them, including but not limited to Adam Khoo Learning Technologies Group (AKLTG).
All references in this Policy to “client”, “you” and “your” refer to the individual(s) who accepted or proposes to accept products or services by AKLC.
In order to provide you with the full range of services, we need to confirm your clear and unambiguous consent to receive information from us via specific marketing channels. We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is protected and we aim to maintain a high level of trust with all clients and prospective clients by adhering to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws in each country of operation.
The purpose of this document is to inform you of how AKLC manages and safeguard your Personal Data which is subject to Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/PDPA2012) as may be changed from time to time (the “Act”).
1. Types of Personal Data/Information Collected and Used
We collect personal data so that we can provide an experience that is customised / responsive to your needs and enables us to carry out our activities. Examples of such personal data collected include:
- Personal information about you and your family members, which may include names, contact details, educational information, demographic data, general photo / videos of classroom activities / AKLC events organised by us, payment details and transaction history;
- Information and data generated in the course of any continual relationship with AKLC, for example, instructions given by you to arrange class enrolments, transfers, make-up (if any), withdrawals and other information and records you choose to provide by various modes of communication such as email, telephone, SMS, Whatsapp, social media and the internet; and
- Information from cookies, other technologies deployed for the analysis of website usage or other information technology applications (learning platform or otherwise) used by AKLC.
2. Purpose for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
We collect personal data from you, your family members, your authorised representatives, social media and our website, internet, mobile services, and other channels including emails, phone conversations, SMS, Whatsapp and face-to-face interactions with our employee/officer/director and publicly available sources.
The purposes (collectively referred to as “Allowed Purposes”) for which AKLC collects, uses and discloses personal data includes:
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your personal details and other information provided
- Inform you of our value-added workshops, seminars, study tips, events or holiday workshops;
- To facilitate and administer the product or services enrolled by you, including but not limited to providing you with learning or educational material;
- Responding to, processing and handling your queries, requests, feedback and suggestions;
- Managing the administrative and operational aspects of the AKLC and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- Facilitating operational processes, which includes, but not limited to student profile assessments, class and student management, payment administration and statistical analysis;
- Requesting feedback or participation in surveys (on teachers, staff etc), market research and / or analysis for statistical profiling or other purposes for us to design our products and services;
- For our marketing, branding, communications and corporate affairs purposes which include publication in our printed materials, social media, website and / or electronic media; and
- Managing the safety and security of our premises and services (including but not limited to carrying out CCTV surveillance and conducting investigations);
- Providing you product-related services and support, including the provision of administrative support, technical assistance and customer alerts;
- Monitoring and recording calls and electronic communications with clients for record-keeping, quality control, training and case investigations; and
- Enforcing or defending the rights of AKLC, its employees, officers and directors;
- To comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and /or regulatory authority;
- Any other incidental business purpose related to or in connection with the above.
3. To whom your personal data may be disclosed
The personal data that we collect may be disclosed the following parties for the following purposes:
- To our full-time teachers and independent contract teachers for them to effectively perform their teaching and tutoring obligations;
- To third party service providers whom we engage or collaborate with to organise/conduct our enrichment programmes, events / workshops / talks / seminars;
- Any person or entity which is part of AKLC, to the extent necessary to fulfil the Permitted Purposes;
- To professional advisors, third party service providers, agents or contractors whom we engage to manage / support our business operations; and
- Any person, entity or authority to whom disclosure is required under applicable laws or regulations.
If AKLC needs to use your personal data for any other purposes, we will notify you and obtain your consent beforehand. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal data for these other purposes.
4. Security of Personal Data
We will take reasonable steps to protect personal data in our possession or under our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use and disclosure of these personal data.
5. Transfer of information
Personal Data may be transmitted by AKLC to data storage facilities or third-party service providers within other centres. Regardless of the location where the personal data is transferred or stored, AKLC will make reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks to your personal data. Please note, however, that we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure that is beyond our control.
6. Accuracy of Personal Data
It is your obligation to ensure that all personal data submitted to us and retained by us is accurate, not misleading, updated and complete in all respects. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested. For the avoidance of doubt, we, including our employees or authorised officers or agents, shall not be responsible for any personal data submitted by you to us that may be inaccurate, misleading, incomplete or not updated.
If you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and / or guardians), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their personal data for the respective purposes. You should ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
7. Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal information either for the period of our business relationship, or as long as you have any form of ongoing relationship with us, or for the requisite retention periods as stipulated in any contractual arrangements or in accordance with any legal, regulatory, business and operational obligations, whichever is the later.
8. Access and Correction of Personal Data
You may access and request for correction or updating of your personal data at any time after the submission of your personal data to us. If you wish to know about your personal data in our possession or under our control, or how your personal data has been used or to whom it has been disclosed, a request can be submitted in writing, by mail or email (details in the “Contact Us” section).
Please note that we may be prevented by law from complying with any request that you may make. We may also decline any request that you may make if the law permits us to do so.
Kindly note that we reserve the right to charge an administrative fee for providing the aforementioned services.
Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, it may take up to thirty (30) working days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. In the meantime, the receipt of marketing or promotional material, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the products and services that you hold or have subscribed to with us.
This policy applies to all personal data that you may provide to us and the personal data we hold about you. By providing us with your personal data or by accessing, using or viewing the applicable website or any of its services, functions or contents (including transmitting, caching or storing of any such personal data), you shall be deemed to have agreed to each and all the terms, conditions, and notices in this policy.
You may submit a request to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us in writing, via mail or email. You may also write to us by filling in our Withdrawal Consent Form (available to your request).
Do note, in many circumstances, we need to use your personal data in order for us to provide you with products or services which you require or have requested. If you do not provide us with the required personal data, or if you do not accept this Policy (or any amendments thereto) or withdraw your consent to our use and / or disclosure of your personal data for these purposes, it may not be possible for us to continue to serve you or provide you with the products and services that you require or have requested.
You may set up your web browser to block cookies. However, if you do block cookies, you may not be able to use certain features and functions of our web sites.
11. Third Party Websites
12. Personal Data Protection Policy Updates
We reserve the right to amend and vary the terms of this Policy from time to time. If so, we will make available the updated Policy on our website (https://aklc.online). The use or continued use of any of our services shall be deemed as your agreement and consent to be bound by our Personal Data Protection Policy.
13. Questions and Feedback
- You may contact our Academic Consultants https://aklc.online/contact-us for the contact details;
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By providing us your personal data, you declare that you have read, understood and accepted the provisions herein and do hereby consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with all the foregoing. You acknowledge that the use or continued use of our services shall be deemed as your agreement and consent to be bound by our Personal Data Protection Policy.