English Mastery™ S1
English Mastery™ for Secondary 1 builds your child’s foundations for the secondary school English Language curriculum.
Aligned with the Singapore Ministry of Education syllabus, our classes cultivate students’ language skills to cope with assessments in reading for understanding, writing and representing as well as speaking and presenting.
During these weekly 2-hour lessons, your child will learn to:
- Cope with the assessment criteria for Secondary 1 English language papers by using our easy to follow techniques and strategies.
- Expand and develop one’s idea in writing and representing (Continuous writing for different text types like Narrative, Personal reflective, Discursive and Situational Writing using R.A.F.T.)
- Handle different types of comprehension questions and summary writing
- Translate their own thoughts into a coherent writing using an easy to understand structure.
- Improve oral communications. (Reading aloud + Stimulus-based conversation)
Maths Mastery™ S1
Our Secondary 1 Maths programme focuses on building an interest in algebra, which will be the foundation of Secondary Maths and more abstract mathematical concepts. Your child will be proficient in:
- Numbers and their operations
- Ratio and proportion
- Rate and speed
- Algebraic expressions and formulae
- Functions and graphs
- Equations and inequalities
- Geometry and measurement
- Statistics and probability
Science Mastery™ S1
AKLC Secondary Science comprises three elements, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Ever made such a comment whereby your child is not learning what he/ she is learning in school? AKLC knows your concern and hereby provides a solution to suit your child’s needs.
We adjust our curriculum to suit the class’ portfolio. We only teach the key points and we spot popular questions to ensure that all our students are well-prepared for their exams as students’ improvement and results hold great values to us.
In addition, your child is able to appreciate Science through our educational tours and games planned by our trainers to allow your child to understand Science concepts through memorable experiences.
Not a concern if your child is learning different themes in school as we will teach what is relevant to them, they will be assessed on relevant assessment and mock papers.
- Introduction to General Science Topics such as Laboratory Safety and Apparatus.
- Learn in depth Scientific concepts from Biology such as cells, movement of substances and transport systems in plants.
- Learn in depth Scientific concepts from Chemistry such as Elements, Compounds, Suspensions and Mixtures, Separation Techniques
- Learn in depth Scientific concepts from Physics such as Physical Quantities, Mass, Weight, Density and Work Done.
Your child will be able to
- Have greater exposure to more critical thinking questions which are commonly found in exams. (Spot on questions)
- Learn essential techniques to excel in essays
- Acquire analysis skills to interpret information and graphs appropriately
- Learn how experiments are conducted and experiments procedures are recorded
- Communicate and present their findings in terms of scientific biological drawings and in greater detail and more precision.