Terms and Conditions of AKLC Online
Upon enrolment & payment, the parent/guardian is deemed to have read and accepted the terms & conditions as follows:
The following words and phrases in this policy shall bear the following definitions unless the context requires otherwise:
- “Academic Year” refers to the commencement of the first lesson on the first Monday of December to the last day of October of the following year, including school holidays.
- “Calendar Month” refers to one full month spanning the 1st day of a calendar month to the last day of the same month.
- “Adam Khoo Learning Centre”, “Centre”, “We” or “AKLC” refers to any legal entity who runs tuition, enrichment programmes, seminars, sessions or events under the “Adam Khoo” and “Adam Khoo Learning Centre Pte Ltd” names or any of their variations thereof in Singapore.
- “Client”, “Student”, “you”, or “your” means the individual(s) who has accepted or proposes to accept products or services by AKLC;
AKLC reserves the right and sole discretion to amend the terms and conditions without any prior notice.
A non-refundable registration fee of $50.00 will be made during registration. Do note that a registration fee will be incurred in the event when a student terminates his/her enrolment and re-joins thereafter.
A one-time deposit of $150 per subject will be collected upon registration.
The monthly tuition fees are to be paid in full before the commencement of a new month. An administrative fee of $10.00 per subject will be collected as late payment after the first lesson has commenced and is payable together with the month’s fees.
If monthly tuition fees remain unpaid at the end of the Calendar Month in which they are due for payment, AKLC reserves the right to disallow the student from attending any classes in the enrolled programmes from the following month.
Unless otherwise specified:
- all monies paid for any AKLC programmes are non-refundable and non-transferrable regardless of the circumstances.
- all discounts cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts or promotional offers.
Fees are reviewed on a monthly/annual basis and the Management reserves the right to revise its fee structure without prior notice.
The Student is not entitled to receive any learning materials for any enrolled programmes which he/she has not paid for. In the event that the Student enrolled mid-way during any programme or Calendar Month, the Student shall be entitled to receive the learning materials only from the date on which he/she begins attending the enrolled programme. The phrase “Learning Materials” shall not include any online or electronic learning materials, access to which may be granted to the Student at AKLC’s sole discretion.
Hard copy worksheet delivery for enrolled programmes will take up to one week. In the event of unforeseen circumstances (e.g. circuit breaker), which are outside AKLC’s control, delivery might be delayed. If the Student’s enrolled programme commences before he/she receives their worksheet, soft copy worksheet will be provided.
AKLC accepts the return and exchange of product (e.g. writing tablet) within 7 calendar days of delivery. The returned or exchanged product must be in the original condition when it was delivered. AKLC reserves the right to reject any return or exchange that does not fulfil any of the above
AKLC reserves the right:
- to combine or dissolve a class.
- to change the previously assigned teacher due to operational considerations and/or unforeseen circumstances, i.e. teachers who are on medical leave, annual leave or any other AKLC-approved absence.
Withdrawal and Refunds
A notice period of one calendar month is required for withdrawal from any of our programmes. (e.g. We receive notice of withdrawal in January, February will serve as the notice period)
A withdrawal form has to be filled in and submitted within the one month’s notice period.
The deposit will be used to offset the fees payable during the notice period (one month) upon withdrawal.
For withdrawals without one calendar month’s advance notice, the deposit will be forfeited by the end of the following month.
Deposit will be forfeited in the event a Student is uncontactable, does not turn up for class and has not paid the month’s tuition fee.
Course fees are non-refundable/non-transferable if the Student fails to attend one or more lesson(s) for any reason whatsoever.
The cost of the complimentary writing tablet worth $79 will be deducted from the deposit if one or more programme enrolments are terminated within the first 3 months from the date of first lesson.
Withdrawal may contain any and/or all of the following:
- termination of your @aklc.com account.
- removal of access to all or part of the products or services offered by AKLC (e.g online or electronic learning materials).
Students who return, after he/she withdraws or takes one month break from our programme, will be considered a new sign-up and registration fee shall be payable.
Make-up lessons will be arranged and attended within the same academic week. Given the benefit of doubt, (regardless of the validity of reason/s) students are only entitled to a maximum of one replacement lesson per calendar month.
All absences should be reported/informed by phone/email to the academic consultant prior to lesson time. Failing to do so will result in the forfeiture of the lesson.
There will be no make-up lessons provided for any late-comers. Any student who is running late for a lesson will be expected to call or text to give an estimated time of log in before the start of lesson. The parent/guardian will be informed accordingly for safety and accountability purposes.
Make-up lessons are subject to class vacancy and may also be rescheduled by AKLC in the event that the intended make-up class is full.
Make-up lessons will only be given if there is more than one class of the same level and subject available. Failure to exercise this option does not constitute any failure on the part of AKLC to provide the make-up lesson.
AKLC reserves the right to combine or dissolve a class.
AKLC reserves the right to change the previously assigned teacher due to operational considerations and/or unforeseen circumstances, i..e. teacher who are on medical leave, annual leave or any other AKLC-approved absence.
AKLC may, at its sole discretion, allow the student to make up for the missed lesson by attending another class, provided that the student or parent/guardian submits one of the following documents:
• a medical certificate, and/or
• a copy of the letter from the student’s school showing the date of the (compulsory) activity, the timing of which clashes with the scheduled time of the student’s lesson at the centre within the bounds of a reasonable travelling time.
Lessons will not be held on the following 11 public holidays gazetted by the Government of Singapore, including Eve of Chinese New Year:
• New Year’s Day
• Chinese New Year, Day 1 & 2 (and Eve of Chinese New Year)
• Hari Raya Puasa
• Hari Raya Haji
• Good Friday
• Labour Day
• National Day
• Vesak Day
There will be no refunds and make-up lessons will be provided should your child’s lesson/s fall/s on any of the above.
Students and parents are prohibited from breaching AKLC Intellectual Property rights, including but not limited to:
• altering or modifying any of the materials;
• creating derivative works from the materials;
• using our materials for commercial purposes such as for sale to third parties.
The parent/guardian accepts and allows the AKLC and relevant subsidiaries of Adam Khoo Learning Technologies Group, the use of images, videos and/or audio of his/her child’s learning on its communication and marketing media, including but not limited to: our website “aklc.online”, YouTube channel, FaceBook page/s, other online social networks, online educational sites, printings, books, posters, booklets, banners etc.
Amendments to Terms of Service
Our terms of service are kept under regular review. The above terms and conditions were last updated in June 2021.