English Mastery™ S3
English Mastery™ for Secondary 3 prepares your child to handle the challenges he or she undertakes as she transits from lower to upper secondary.
Comparative to lower secondary English Language assessment criteria, the upper secondary comprehension texts in paper 2 are more challenging, accompanied with more complex in-direct comprehension questions that not only assess students’ ability to understand the text but also on how they craft their answers coherently.
It is therefore critical that students hone in their skills as soon as they can. Our English tuition programme also helps students identify their preferred writing style and text type so that they are able to leverage on their strengths.
During these weekly 2-hour lessons, your child will learn to:
- overcome inconsistency in the score for specific sections of paper 1 using timely progress report and tracking by our teachers.
- build proficiency in editing and visual text comprehension using P.A.C.
- craft correct answers for different kinds of in-direct comprehension questions (Language used and inferential)
- identify his or her own strength in continuous writing (He or she obtains consistency in word length, paragraph-structure, personal responses and ability to emphasise one’s opinion sufficiently and coherently in writing)
Maths Mastery™ S3
In Secondary 3, your child is given the choice to take Additional Maths as an additional subject. Our Maths Tuition Programme for Secondary 3 caters to students who take both Additional Maths and Elementary Maths, or Elementary Maths only.
The difficulty level in terms of understanding the topics and number of formulas would increase exponentially in both Maths. To achieve distinctions in both subjects, it takes grit and a growth mindset, and most importantly, a progressive and nurturing learning environment, one that AKLC has been providing for the past decade.
For Elementary Maths, your child will be proficient in:
- All the topics covered in Secondary 1 & 2; along with
- Angles, triangles, and polygons
- Congruence and similarity
- Coordinate geometry
For Additional Maths, your child will be proficient in:
- Equations and Inequalities
- Indices and Surds
- Polynomials and Partial Fractions
- Binomial expansions
- Power, Exponential, Logarithmic, and Modulus Functions
- Trigonometric functions, identities, and equations
- Coordinate geometry in two dimensions
Science (Chemistry) Mastery™
Our Secondary 3 Science Programme will focus on Chemistry. It is suitable for all students who take Pure Chemistry and Combined Science with Chemistry.
The classes are conducted using Pure Chemistry Syllabus. On top of the common topics that both Pure and Combined Chemistry students would learn, there would be a few additional topics that only apply to Pure Chemistry students. As more challenging questions and contents would be discussed during classes, it is an added bonus to the students who take Combined Chemistry.
During our 2-hour lesson, your child will:
● Clarify their misconceptions;
● Understand the concept deeply instead of purely memorizing chunks of contents that makes little to no sense;
● Work on answering techniques that are essential for excelling in their examinations;
● Work on their strengths and weaknesses with customised materials whenever necessary; and
● Familiarize themselves with the marking scheme and examination caveats.